FTL SHIPPING SERVICES
Falcon is currently partnering with over hundreds of Trucking Carriers and has over 100 high-volume lane combinations and capabilities to ship your FTL freight throughout the USA – give us a try and you’ll quickly get a sense of what it’s like to work with us. You’ll also benefit from many of the additional FTL services we make available like lift-gate/tailgate for pickup and delivery, curbside delivery, pickup and delivery appointments, standard base rate cargo insurance (with optional full risk cargo insurance), and expert coordination of the customs process for shipments moving between the US and Canada and Mexico.
Wholesale distribution executives looking to cut costs and streamline their operations should consider an FTL (Full Truckload) shipping provider.
Why Ship FTL?
If you are not familiar with freight shipping terminologies, a full truck load or FTL type of shipment is when a whole trailer is dedicated to products from one shipper going to a single destination.
What is FTL (Full Truck Load)?
Full truckload, commonly referred to as FTL, is a type of shipping mode whereby a truck carries one dedicated shipment. In other words, the journey is reserved for one shipment only. FTL trucking has several advantages over the alternative trucking shipment mode, LTL, or less than a FTL shipment.
- For shipments that are large enough to fill or nearly fill an entire shipping container, FTL work out cheaper.
- FTL are much less encumbered by size and weight restrictions.
- FTL shipments get to the destination sooner, as the truck is making no other pickups or drop-offs along the way.
- FTL transport means less handling (there is no transferring between trucks mid-transit), the shipment is likely to get lost or damaged.
The FTL Advantages
Why should go for the FTL? Below are the reasons why.
- Faster Delivery of Shipment – Compared to LTL, full truck load provide a more precise and quicker delivery of goods, and a fewer chance to encounter delays. With an entire truck devoted to delivering to a single destination means that there will lesser stops along the way.
- Limited Merchandise Handling – Delivering via full truck load will benefit those shipping sensitive items, since there is the limited handling of your merchandise inside the trailer. This is opposed to the frequent unloading of merchandise that take place through LTL shipping to deliver that to different people at different locations. People shipping high risk and sensitive cargo will worry less with the added safety that comes will FTL shipping.
- Cut Cost with One-time Shipping – Although LTL appears to more cost-effective versus full truck load because freight cost is divided between multiple shippers, FTL presents shippers a whole truck that can accommodate of a lot of merchandise, those supposed to be shipped for another time can fit in the trailer cutting freight cost for the company or business.
Aside from those mentioned above, full truck load shipping can also be easily monitored and tracked, giving the shipper updates on every location the entire shipping time.
Ready to get started with FTL shipping? Contact us for more information about FTL freight, or shipping within USA.